- Exceptionally hard wearing
- Fast germination
- Germinates at low temperatures
- Will grow in many different soil types
- Tolerant of drought and heat
- The main grass used in football pitches
Requires constant soil temperatures of 7 degrees Celsius for optimum germination. In the UK this would typically be between March and early November. Perennial ryegrass seed can germinate almost year-round, particularly in the south of England.
Perennial ryegrass seed will normally germinate in 7-14 days, subject to conditions. In perfect conditions, perennial ryegrass seed can be seen germinating in as little as 3 days!
Shop NowGet in Touch