What is the Softest Lawn Grass?
When the sun is out and the weather is warm, there’s nothing quite like the feel of soft grass beneath your feet. No one wants to walk or relax on grass that is rough and prickly. Fortunately, there are several ways to ensure that your clients have the softest grass all year long. There are many factors that can affect the softness of your grass, including health, density, and variety. Therefore, here is our guide on achieving the most luscious grass for your client’s lawn.
What To Consider for Soft Grass
When choosing the right type of grass for your client’s lawn, you should consider the following factors:
- Grass Density – The denser your lawn is, the softer it will feel. Dense grass types are also better at preventing weeds from taking hold, which will make your lawn feel rough. To keep your dense grass healthy, you must mow it regularly to make sure it doesn’t overgrow.
- Grass Variety – Some varieties of grass are naturally softer than others, while others will remain rough even with the best lawn care. Generally, it is best to choose a grass variety with a fine texture, narrow leaves, and resistance to high amounts of traffic.
- Grass Health – Even the softest grass variety will become rough and uncomfortable to walk on if not kept in peak condition. To achieve a healthier lawn, you need to mow your lawn regularly, apply enough fertiliser, and ensure proper hydration.
How To Keep Your Grass Healthy
To ensure that your grass maintains its softness, follow these tips:
- Make sure your grass is well-fertilised. Choose a fertiliser that is designed for the variety of grass you have and apply it regularly. Be careful to follow the instructions on the package to ensure you don’t damage your client’s lawn.
- Mow the lawn regularly. If you hold off on mowing for too long, your grass will become tough and unruly. Make sure to sharpen your mower’s blades at the start and middle of the season, so your lawn is cut evenly. In addition, the grass needs to be cut to an adequate length, not too short, as this can adversely impact its health.
- Keep your grass well hydrated. This will likely not be a problem in the wetter months but may be an issue in summer or if there is a drought. In such cases, you will need to manually water your grass every few days to avoid it becoming dry and prickly.
Grass Seed Online
We invite you to take a look at our range of grass seed products to find the right one for your needs. We also have a grass seed calculator to work out how much you will require for your project. Please get in touch with us today to find out more about our range of products and services.