Airfield Grass Seed
Formulated to be sown on areas surrounding airport runways, our Airfield Grass Seed discourages birds and helps to reduce the likelihood of aircraft birdstrikes. The mixture contains tall fescue, cocksfoot, timothy and crested dogstail which produce stiff, upright growth when maintained to a height of 150mm. This upright growth makes it difficult for birds to land.
For grass seed for grass runways, we would recommend a wear tolerant amenity grass seed mixture, such as our Hardwearing Grass Seed.
Airfield Grass Seed is available only in 20kg bags.
- For areas around airport runways
- Creates stiff, upright growth
- Discourages birds from landing around airfields
- Designed to be maintained at a height of 150mm
- Sowing rate = 20-30g per m² (20kg will cover 660-1000m²)
- AVAILABLE FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY